Bug Repelling SPF 30+ Sunscreen | Vegan | Reef-Safe | Plastic-Free
Bug Repelling Vegan Sunscreen | SPF 30+ | Water-Resistant, Reef-Safe Mineral Sunscreen | Large 3 oz Tin. Made by Tidal Wave Organics.
This is an oil based sunscreen that is made with organic, raw and cold-pressed ingredients that are:
- 100% plant and mineral based & cruelty-free- Reef-safe
- Naturally water-resistant
- Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores so it's good to use as a facial sunscreen too)
Each ingredient has a purpose, here's a bit more about them.
- Lemon eucalyptus, cedarwood and citronella oils act as natural bug repellents.
- Non-nano zinc oxide is a naturally occurring mineral that provides the only UVA and UVB protection approved by the FDA for children under 6. We strive to source from mines with sustainable practices.
- Organic mango butter has antioxidants and vitamins A, C, and E. It helps to protect against UV radiation and also helps treat minor skin irritations and sunburn.
- Sunflower wax has water resistant properties as well and is good way to protect sensitive skin.
- Organic, cold pressed apricot oil & jojoba oil are light, easily absorbed and work well for oily skin. These oils are similar to our skin's sebum so they absorb quickly leaving your skin soft and smooth.
- Organic aloe vera oil has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and antioxidant characteristics and is a good oil based alternative to aloe vera gel. This means that your natural product lasts longer since it is only made with butters, oils and waxes.
- Organic, cold pressed carrot seed oil & red raspberry seed oil offer naturally occurring sun protection and renewing properties for the skin.
- Concentrated vitamin E oil derived from sunflowers or olives for repairing skin and helping to preserve your natural product.
Directions for use:
Apply your sunscreen every 60 to 80 minutes depending on activity. This is a natural sunscreen and should be used within a year of opening or refrigerated when not in use to extend the shelf life. It may become liquid when exposed to heat but this will not reduce its effectiveness. Your sunscreen will return to its original state when removed from the heat. It is recommended to place it in the refrigerator after a day out in the sun to reduce graininess.
*Please note that this sunscreen has not been tested in an FDA approved laboratory for efficacy. The SPF listed is an estimate based on the zinc oxide ratio and has not been tested on live subjects*
All statements are for informational purposes only and are not FDA approved.